Terms of Service
- Pay-As-You-Go rates: Unused hours are completely refundable.
- Pre-Paid Discount Package or Full Course: Once we have received payment, unused hours are not refundable. However, hours expire after 1 year and are transferable to family and friends. Hours can be used towards any of same class subjects. Registration and materials fees are non-refundable.
INVOICES & PAYMENTS (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY)
- Important Requirement: You are required to keep a credit card number or checking account information on file at all times as per our Overdue Policy.
- Overdue Policy: If your invoice is overdue, we will automatically charge your credit card or withdraw funds from your checking account for the entire amount due (including pre-payment). Services will be suspended if your credit card or checking account on file is not approved for the total amount due.
- Pre-Payment Policy: We require all clients to be pre-paid at all times. We have two payment options: Pre-Paid Discount Packages/Full Course or By-The-Hour.
We recommend a Pre-Paid Discount Package to save money, and avoid making payments every session.
- Tutors do not handle payments. Please open your invoice immediately as payments are due approximately 3 days after you receive your invoice.
- We email monthly invoices detailing your session(s) and pre-payment due.
- A $35.00 fee will be charged on any returned check (including electronic checks).
- You may cancel 24 hours before the session at no charge. If you must cancel beyond our deadline, you will still be responsible to cover payment for the session in full. If you are having difficulty contacting your tutor to inform him/her of the cancellation, feel free to contact our offices.
- If you do not attend the session or cancel before 24 hours of the scheduled time you will be charged for the full session.
- If you decide to end the session early, you will be charged for the full length of the scheduled session.
- In order to cancel services permanently, you are required to contact our office directly.
SCHEDULING AND COMPLETED SESSIONS:
- Our staff only handles initial scheduling matters. All students should uphold a regular schedule. Once you have been appointed a tutor, any scheduling matters (e.g. extra sessions, cancellations, make-up sessions, etc.) may be managed directly between you and your tutor or between our staff.
- If you should go over the pre-paid hours in your Pre-Paid Discount Package or Full Course, you will be required to pay for them, as we are not responsible to notify you of your expired/expiring package. You may always call in and ask.
- Obligations to pay for services rendered are not contingent on parent signature.
- If clients does not pay all amounts due on time and collection action is necessary to collect the amount due, then client agrees to pay all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees.
- Any dispute arising under the terms of conditions of this agreement shall be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction within the Los Angeles municipal or superior court district.
- If the tutor is unable to help you within the first hour, then your next hour with another tutor will be free! We are committed to providing you with the best tutor possible.
Terms of service
The independently contracted tutors are assumed to be telling the truth about their abilities, and background checks are performed for tutors if requested and paid for by the client. It is beyond the tutor’s control or the control of Tutor Me LA to directly affect the outcome of grades, scores on exams, homework, or other assignments. Tutors are not responsible for figuring out what is covered on tests or exams nor is the information they provide guaranteed to be accurate.
Tutors are Independent Contractors and solely responsible for their actions. The Tutor Me LA Network is not legally bound to the conduct or behavior of its Tutors or other Contractors. All legal action is between parties other than the Tutor Me LA Network. Tutors, clients, and visitors to the website agree to indemnify and hold the Tutor Me LA Network, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any Content on the website, communication with the Tutor Me LA Network, or services provided by Tutor Me LA and/or the tutors, whether by negligence or willful conduct. Tutors, clients, and visitors to the website also agree not to hold Tutor Me LA liable for any loss in property or data due to the activities of the tutors and/or other Independent Contractors and/or students.
Tutors are not permitted to have relations with the student/client other than professional, as tutor and student/client, and the tutor may not solicit tutoring from the client for any course/subject once the contract is fulfilled, for the duration of receiving referrals from the tutoring service, and for up to 4 years after the tutor is no longer working with the Tutor Me LA Network tutoring service. Clients may not contact or conduct business with the tutors for reasons unrelated to the course/subject for which they are hired during the fulfillment of a tutoring contract or during the semester during which tutoring was conducted. Such violation of the Agreement may void a current purchase of tutor sessions by the client and may lead to termination of the tutor and a $2,500 (two-thousand five hundred dollars) liquidative fine for the client and tutor or loss of pay..
IF THE CLIENT MAKES SIDE DEALS WITH THE TUTOR, IN WHICH THE SERVICE IS NOT INVOLVED OR WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SERVICE, THE CLIENT AGREES TO FORFEIT ALL REMAINING HOURS AND PAY THE SERVICE $2500 FOR LIQUIDATIVE DAMAGES PER INFRACTION AND ALL LEGAL FEES INCURRED TO COLLECT THE FINES.